CSEP Clinical Exercise Physiologist™ (CSEP-CEP) Certification and Study Guide, 1st Edition
Due to order processing delays caused by COVID-19 all orders of printed copy CSEP manuals and study guides will include a complimentary e book copy. The printed copy will be shipped once the CSEP office reopens.
Please note : The CSEP order fulfillment team reviews each order for a print edition and will forward a link to the complimentary e-Book within 2-4 business days. This is a manual process, and the link is provided for each order individually; orders are filled as they are received. Thank you for your patience during this time.
A CSEP Clinical Exercise Physiologist™ (CSEP-CEP) performs assessments/evaluations, prescribes conditioning exercise, provides exercise supervision/monitoring, coaching, healthy lifestyle education, and outcome evaluation for apparently healthy individuals and/or populations with medical conditions, functional limitations, or disabilities through the application of physical activity/exercise, for the purpose of improving health and function.
The CSEP Clinical Exercise Physiologist™ (CSEP-CEP) Certification and Study Guide, First Edition is your best resource for starting the CSEP-CEP certification journey.
Inside you'll find details on:
- CSEP-CEP Scope of Practice
- CSEP-CEP Core Competencies
- Application Requirements and Certification Process
- Taking the CSEP-CEP Theory and Practical Exams
- CSEP-CEP Core Competencies Resource Chart -- a comprehensive listing of resources to supplement your course textbooks, class notes, and other materials used during your post-secondary education
- Theory Exam Practice Questions
- Practical Exam Practice Scenarios
- Answer Keys for Theory Exam Practice Questions and Practical Exam Practice Scenarios
The 96-page CSEP-CEP Certification and Study Guide provides detailed information on the academic and practical skills required to become a CSEP Clinical Exercise Physiologist™ (CSEP-CEP). These include:
- Foundations: Anatomy, Biomechanics, and Exercise Physiology
- Health Behaviour Change and Education
- Client Pre-Participation Screening and Pharmacology
- Advanced Exercise and Health Assessment for Apparently Healthy Populations
- Advanced Exercise and Health Assessment for Chronic Conditions
- Advanced Exercise Prescription for Apparently Healthy Populations
- Advanced Exercise Prescription for Chronic Conditions
- Professional and Ethical Practice
Currently available in English.